Sunday, May 4, 2008

Edward Cornwallis DeBruhl affidavit June 1, 1794

South Carolina

To all whom it may concern I Edward Cornwallis DeBruhl send greeting.
Whereas by an advertisement which lately appeared in the Gazette of this State Intelligencer
was requested respecting a certain Michael Samuel DeBruhl and Whereas I the said Edward Cornwallis DeBruhl am son and heir at law to the said Michael Samuel, and am in life expectation that some estate intestate hath fallen to me from some relation in Europe or elsewhere, and whereas such case any presence or agency may be required, but it being highly inconvenient for me to repair to New York or anywhere where the above information is required. Now therefore Know Ye that I the said Edward Cornwallis for the cases and in consideration of the reasons above outlined, have made, ordained, constitute, and appoint and by these presents do make, ordain, constitute and appoint my Brother Michael Samuel DeBruhl the younger my true and lawful attorney for me and in my name and to my use to ask, demand, enter into and present
himself of as if myself to sue for and recover by lawful ways and means whatever any Estate
right, title, claims, interest, property or dowers, which may have been devised or bequeathed unto me or in any other manner whatever conveyed, assured, or assigned unto me or which may have been descended to me from or I may be entitled to son right of my said deceased Father or my Mother or any of my mothers ancestors or kindred, and on receipt thereof
reducing the same into possession release or other sufficient acquaintances to make, seal and deliver Attorneys one or more for the purposes aforesaid to make and constitute and at his pleasure again to revoke, and all other things whatever expecting the premises do and execute as fully and sufficiently as I myself were I personally present might or could do . And I hereby ratify and confirm all and whatsoever my said attorney or his substitute shall do or cause to be done in and about the premises.
In Witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this 1st day of June in the year of our
Lord one Thousand seven hundred and ninety four.and in the Eighteenth year of the Sovereignty and Independence of the United States of America.

Signed Edward Cornwallis DeBruhl

Sealed and delivered in the presence of William Johnson JP

No comments: