Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Will of Patience DeBruhl 1838

In the name of God, Amen. I Patience DeBruhl of South Carolina Kershaw District, being of sound mind and memoriam, but weak in body, and calling to mind the uncertainty of life, and being desirous to dispose of all such worldly estate as it hath pleased God to bless me with, do make and ordain this my last will and in manner and form following that is to say, I desire that all my stock and furniture and farming utensil's be sold immediately after my decease, and out of the monies arising there from, all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid, after payment of my debts and funeral expenses. I give to my Grandson Edward DeBruhl son of Michael DeBruhl, a Negro boy called Phil, to him and to his heirs forever. I give to my Grand DAughter Louisa DeBruhl a Mulatto Girl called Hester, to her and the heirs of her body. I give to Ann Danzey, Wife of John Danzey one Negro Woman named Claracy, to her and the heirs of her body forever. I give to my Grand Son George Danzey a Mullato Boy called Primus to him and the heirs of his body forever. I give to my, Grand Daughter Elizabeth Danzey on feather bed and furniture to her and her heirs forever. I give to my Grand Daughter Mary DeBruhl a Negro woman called Ann, to her and the heirs of her body forever. I give to my Grand Daughter Eliza, daughter of Stephen DeBruhl. One Negro called Maria,to her and the heirs of her body forever. I give to my Grand Daughter Louisa Welsh a Negro girl called Eady, to her and the heirs of her body forever. I give to my Grand Daughter Harriet, Georgianna Welxh a Mulatto Girl called Emaline, one feather bed and furniture and Two Hundred Dollars to school her, to her and to the heirs of her body forever. I give to my Grand Son George DeBruhl Son of William DeBruhl a Negro man called Jack, when he shall arrive to the age of twenty five years, to him and the heirs of his body forever. My Son William is to take charge of said fellow at my death and to keep him until the time specified above. I give to my Grand Daughter Margaret and Caroline DeBruhl one Negro Girl named Mary to be equally divided between them when of age, to them and the heirs of their bodies forever. I also give Six Hundred Acres of Land, the house included in that portion to be equally divided between William DeBruhl's children to them and their heirs forever.
Boundaries of said lands on the West by Stephen DeBruhl, on the South by Benjamin Perkins, on the East by lands of Robert Love. I give the balance of my land, to the lawful heirs of Harriet Welsh deceased, Wife of Thomas Welsh, and the lawful heirs of Ann Danzey, Wife of John Danzey to be equally divided, to them and their heirs forever. All the rest of my Estate, both real and personal, of whatever nature or quality soever it may be, not herein before particularly disposed of I desire may be divided equally amongst my several children, and I give the same to them their heirs Executors, Administrators, and Assigns forever. And lastly I do constitute and appoint my friend Benjamin Perkins Jr. Executor of this my last will and testament by me heretofore made: In Testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal, this 4th day of September in the year of our Lord One Thousand Eight Hundred and Thirty Eight. Signed Sealed Published and delivered as and for the Last Will and Testament, of the above named Patience DeBruhl, the the presence of us.
Test, W.R.Johnson
Harely Thorn
Neill McRae
Interlined before signed.
Patience R.(O)DeBruhl L.S.

Recorded in Will Book A Page 84
Recorded February 8, 1845
Ord. R.L.Wilson
Apt. 130 Pkg. 5137

No comments: